Laser Hair Removal
What is the 810 Diode?
The 810 Diode uses technology in which a beam of light is applied to unwanted hair on various parts of the body. This light is a specific wavelength that targets the melanin—the pigment in the hair that gives it color. When the light enters the hair follicle, it is converted to heat energy that destroys the follicle, preventing the hair from growing again. There are three stages of hair growth: Anagen—active growth, Catagen—a brief phase in which growth stops and resting begins, and Telogen—a resting phase in which no further growth occurs. In order for laser treatments to be effective, hair must be in the active growth phase during treatment. Because individual hairs are at different stages of growth at any given time, multiple laser treatments are required to target all of them when they are in the anagen stage. This is the reason that each subsequent treatment must be spaced out appropriately.
What hair colors can be treated?
• Works best on dark black/brown hairs on all skin types
• Will not work on blonde/red/grey hairs
• Please shave 12-24 hours before each treatment session.
• Avoid tanning for at least 2 weeks prior to treatments.
• Do not wax, thread, or tweeze for 2-4 weeks prior (this will remove the hair follicles which are needed for treatment).
• Do not wear any makeup, lotion, deodorant, etc. on the day of treatment, or remove prior to appointment.